My main research interest is machine learning, more specifically:
- mathematical optimization for machine learning,
- machine learning software,
- 2015/06/02: My paper "Convex Factorization Machines" was accepted for publication at ECML PKDD 2015.
- 2014/03/27: My paper "Large-scale Multiclass Support Vector Machine Training via Euclidean Projection onto the Simplex" was accepted for publication at ICPR 2014.
- 2014/01/22: My paper "Online Passive-Aggressive Algorithms for Non-Negative Matrix Factorization and Completion" was accepted for publication at AISTATS 2014.
- 2013/07/19: Our paper "API design for machine learning software: experiences from the scikit-learn project" was accepted for long presentation to the ECML PKDD 2013 Workshop on Languages for Data Mining and Machine Learning.
- 2013/05/01: I joined NTT Communication Science Laboratories as a research associate.
- 2013/04/17: My paper "Block Coordinate Descent Algorithms for Large-scale Sparse Multiclass Classication" was accepted for publication in the Machine Learning journal.
- 2013/03/25: I graduated from Kobe University (doctor of engineering).
mathieu AT thisdomain DOT org